Why Go Green and Live Sustainably?
Why Go Green?
The world is changing and faster than we know it, these days there are more people choosing to go green and live more sustainably.
There is now a much wider range of Eco-friendly – Natural products on the market which will help our planet and future generations to come, from reusable vegetable bags to zero waste cotton pads which I really enjoy using.
5 Highly Sustainable Companies Helping To Save Our Planet
There are many companies around the world trying to do their bit for the environment, I’ve highlighted a few that stood out for me.
Ananas Anam – A very sustainable Company that make beautiful leather alternative products from agricultural waste being pineapple leaves. These products contain no chemicals or animal products.
Bio – Bean – They produce logs made from recycled waste ground coffee which otherwise would have ended up in landfills generating 80% fewer emissions.
Celtic Renewables – A company based in Edinburgh create high-value renewable products such as biobutanol by repurposing what they don’t use in whisky production.
Crické – Produce high protein insect-based food products that are highly sustainable due to the fact that they can be made using 0.05% water compared to cows, 200m2 is used to produce 1kg of beef to the only 15m2 for 1kg of crickets. A few fun facts are crickets have more protein than beef, more iron than spinach and more calcium than cows.
Grow Bristol – This Company uses hydroponics in a controlled environment to produce high quality produce all year round without harming the environment.
- To preserve our natural resources.
- To prevent air, water and noise pollution.
- To become more self-reliant and responsible.
- To protect their children’s future.
- To reduce the amount of waste ending up in landfills.
- To save the rain-forests from destruction, and to protect the plants and animals natural habitat.
- To help boost the economy by buying organic locally sourced products, to reduce greenhouse emissions.
- To save money on their gas and electric by using solar energy.
- To reduce the number of toxins and chemicals entering their body.
30 Tips To Implement Right Now To Live More Sustainably
- Compost your food waste
- Home cook all your meals
- Use LED light bulbs
- Cut showers down to 5 mins
- Donate unwanted clothing
- Buy fresh produce from local markets
- Use biodegradable products
- Always take your own bags to supermarkets
- Make use of natural light as much as possible
- Opt-in to receive all mail digitally
- Hang clothes on a line instead of using a tumble dryer
- Grow your own fresh produce
- Reduce your meat consumption
- Always ask for email receipts instead of having them printed
- Use charity shops
- invest in solar-powered chargers
- Buy pre-owned appliances
- Look out for energy-efficient technology
- Use washable straws
- Make your own cleaning supplies
- Invest in water-saving devices
- Invest in a bicycle and ride to work
- Make your own DIY face masks and moisturisers
- Make handmade gifts instead of buying
- Use shampoo and soap bars
- Turn lights off when you leave a room
- Use the library often instead of buying books
- Recycle more
- Use reusable cloths
- Research sustainable living